Monday 1 October 2012

Online Goodies - E.L.F and Sleek


I have become a little obsessed with trying to find cheaper brands online, and think between these two brands I have found some winners. ✔ 

The first brand is e.l.f. which is eyes lips and face, I found this website through a few beauty people I watched on youtube. This website is priced in pounds so you have to convert it over to your own currency to get the correct price. They are really cheap and that sometimes worries me because you suspect them to be kind of crap but I found these products amazing and this website is definitely worth the visit. Overall I think I spent £2.95 (€3.70) on shipping and it was delivered within 3 working days. Here is some of the goodies I purchased from this brand;



 e.l.f. angled eyeliner brush

 e.l.f. "all over face" brush

e.l.f. eyebrow treat and tame


e.l.f. angled eyeliner brush; 
I have to admit but I still struggle with applying gel liner and am a liquid liner kinda gal. This brush is really good because it helps you to create a really thin line and then you can go over it again to make it as bold as you like. The only negative is that you have to dip it in the eyeliner gel a few times to re-apply and get more product. Priced at £3.75 (€4.70)

e.l.f. all over face brush;
This brush was smaller than I had imagined seeing in the picture, I just use it for applying powder, blush, bronzer. Priced at £1.50 (€1.90) 

e.l.f. eyebrow treat and tame;
I have a love hate relationship with my eyebrows and really wanted something to keep them in place. I have quite dark eyebrows but bought the light version because I only wanted it to keep them tame not to add colour. Really love this and think it's a good thing to have if your eyebrows are like mine and don't stay in place, it also has a conditioner for the eyebrows but I don't use this much. Priced at £3.75 (€4.70)

e.l.f. eyelash curler;
Does exactly what it's meant to do, I've never had an eyelash curler before and bought this because of the price and I really like it. Priced at £1.50 (€1.90) 

e.l.f. eyelid primer;
I am a worshiper of the Urban Decay Primer Potion (€20) but when two of mine ran out I just didn't bother buying another one. I then started noticing that I really did need one and I had watched this girl on youtube (stephbusta) who said it was amazing so I said I would try it. I have been using it for awhile now and it really really works and the best part is the price.  Priced at £1.50 (€1.90)




Sleek is another brand which I bought online, I bought these around December 2011. I can't remember how much the delivery was but I didn't think it was too expensive. Overall I think Sleek is a really affordable brand and definitely good quality. 
Sleek iDivine 'Storm' Palette

two colours missing from swatch
Sleek Brow Kit 


Sleek iDivine 'Storm' Palette
This eyeshadow palette was €10 and has a mix of light to dark colours. Personally I love the more neutral colours but they are definitely all gorgeous. It has 12 colours, 3 matte and 9 shimmer. The colours are swatched above from left to right;
  • light bronzey shimmer
  • light champagne shimmer
  • matte light brown (similar to Naked from the UD Naked Palette)
  • shimmery gold
  • light pink/purple shimmer
  • dark plum shimmer
  • dark brown shimmer
  • grey/blue shimmer
  • dark green shimmer 
  • navy blue shimmer
  • matte dark brown 
  • matte black 
Sleek Brow Kit 'Medium'
This set was €10 also and really reminds me of the Benefit 'Brow Zings' which is €34. As I have already mentioned my eyebrows sometimes drive me crazy, they are dark yet they have to be filled in a little. I really like this kit, it has the gel, brown shadow to fill the brows in, a small flat brush, a small angled brush and a small tweezers. It also comes with a mirror in the kit but mine fell out. Overall I would say this is a really good product and €24 cheaper than Benefit, who wouldn't love that ;)

The websites I used were;
http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/shop.htm
&
http://beautyemporium.ie/


x x 
C

No comments:

Post a Comment